This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
0Food & Drink
Pandan Pantry: 10 Foods to Get You into the Pandan Trend
Move over, matcha and avocado, there’s a new green food trend in town — Pandan! While many Malaysians may roll their eyes...
Sharpening Skills with Holiday Camps
It’s that time of year again, where Christmas is around the corner and the school holidays are just weeks away. While most...
Kuala Lumpur Named World’s 4th-best City for Expats
The US edition of Business Insider just announced the results of InterNations’ 27-city ranking of the world’s best cities for expats living...
The ENTERTAINER Launch Party at The View Rooftop Bar, G Tower
It was a night of fun at The ENTERTAINER launch party on 9 Nov, where the app was launched along with Cheers...
Hypertension: It’s 130 Now, Not 140
When was the last you had your blood pressure tested? The American Heart Association for the first time since 2003, redefined the...
Kuala Lumpur Takes Home the 10th Spot for the Most Visited Cities in the World
There’s no doubt that Kuala Lumpur is a young, vibrant city. It attracts people from different walks of life as its offerings...
10 Urban Sketches From Malaysian Artist Ch’ng Kiah Kiean
Ch’ng Kiah Kiean, born in George Town, Penang, graduated from Universiti Sains Malaysia with an Architecture Degree. After running his own graphic...
Bekok: Creating New Traditions to Bring the Village to Life
In collaboration with LokaLocal, we’re bringing you some little known stories from all around Malaysia ranging from urban legends to culture, food, and...
Exploring the Picturesque Town of Jugra
Just an hour’s drive from Kuala Lumpur is the historical and picturesque town of Jugra. Chris Yip spends a day exploring both...
2.0KCulture & Religion
Lack of Funding Could Lead to KLPAC’s Shutdown
Calling on all art enthusiasts! The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (KLPAC, usually stylized as klpac) is at risk of closing down...