This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
Roadside Hawker Stalls to be Banned in KL by 2020
The Malaysian government wants to get rid of all food stalls along the roadside in Kuala Lumpur by 2020.
335Design & Architecture
The Streets of the City
Photojournalist David Bowden puts on a comfy pair of shoes and strolls around three very different streets in Kuala Lumpur to learn...
8 Must-Visit Live Music Haunts in KL & Selangor
Being the capital of Malaysia, it should come as no surprise that KL and Selangor pack one of the strongest music scenes...
Slide The City Splashes into Setia Alam on 30th September
The colourful slide will be set up at the Setia City Convention Centre in Setia Alam for an entire month between 30th...
Making Reading ‘Xcessible’ to All
If you’ve lived in Malaysia long enough, you’ll know that books are not the cheapest items here. For book lovers, it’s a...
28.8KFood & Drink
12 Amazing Malaysian Desserts And Where You Can Find Them
Warning: There will be plenty of coconut milk and gula melaka mentions coming up
Celebrity Singers to Perform at Charity Event in Sandakan
Renowned designers such as Orson Liyu, Bill Keith, Melinda Looi, just to name a few, will have their amazing designs exhibited by...
New Rules for Cars Driving Through Malaysia-Thailand Border Starting October
Foreign visitors entering Thailand will need to submit an entry form to the Royal Thai Customs Department
3.5KDesign & Architecture
Malaysia in Monochrome
Malaysian photojournalist S.C. Shekar proves just that as he launched his latest photobook, Grit & Grace – The Grandeur of Monochrome Malaysia
Malaysia’s Expat City Smackdown: KL vs Penang Part 2
The Expat Group’s editorial team officiates the KL vs Penang death match to determine which expat city reigns supreme.