This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
Capturing the Energy of Malaysian Landscapes Through Paint
Artist Roland Prime's semi-abstract paintings on Malaysia's landscapes are mesmerizing and beautiful.
Made in Malaysia: Natural Body and Skin Care Brands
In our effort to support local, this is definitely a win-win. These Malaysian-made natural beauty brands use natural, organic, or raw treasures...
1.7KCulture & Religion
Penang: A Walk through History
Rows of two-storeyed terraced houses dominate the streetscapes of George Town, with many having received a fresh coat of paint, but you...
The British High Commission in KL is Hiring
The embassy is looking for a part-time Consular Officer to start with them in March. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced...
5 Places to Art Jam in KL
With all the talks about tuning in to our creative side for a better overall well-being (aka to stay sane), we’re all...
Remembering Dolores O’Riordan
Dolores O’Riordan’s unmistakable voice was the sound of the ’90s, a voice that many grew up with and one which shaped childhoods....
All Booked Up: 5 Book Cafes for Comfy Reading
It’s a hot day and all you might want to do is find a nice cafe to sit in and enjoy a...
Malaysian British Society: Providing Underprivileged Children with an Education
For another year, the Malaysian British Society (MBS) has come together to give back to the local community. This year’s focus will...
1.7KDesign & Architecture
Learn How to Grow Greens at These Upcoming Workshops
There’s something pleasant about being near living green plants, isn’t there? While the colour green is said to be soothing to look...
US Embassy Warns of Drug-Laced Drinks at The Beach Club, KL
The US Embassy of Kuala Lumpur issued a security alert last Friday, Jan 12, on The Beach Club located on Jalan P...