This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
4 Home Kits That Will Help You Kickstart Your Urban Garden
These kits can help you kickstart your own little home garden a la Jamie Oliver’s window sill herb nursery.
KL Residents Can Now Make Non-Crime-Related Police Reports Online
PDRM piloted the project at the Taman Tun Dr. Ismail (TTDI) station in March and has now extended the service to 24...
June 2017 Events: Mega Sales, BookFest, and Festivals
Did you know that June is the best time for shopping?
3.2KBusiness and Finance
The Importance of Planning for Expats Moving to a New Leadership Role
Good planning can ensure that your stress levels, career, team, and results all benefit accordingly.
5 Specialty Streets in Penang You Should Explore
Within its 113 square miles is a plenitude of one-of-a-kind shopping experiences – speciality streets for a specific item or trade.
2.2KFood & Drink
Guinness Launches a Bright Brew Edition for the Malaysian Market
Created in partnership between brewers at Heineken Malaysia and a Guinness brewery in Dublin, this coffee, ginger, and lemongrass extracts infused beer...
Lively Nights and Bright Daylight: Photography Tips in Pattaya, Thailand
For photographers, the streets of Pattaya can be a challenging yet rewarding place to wield a camera.
Discovering the Fascinating City of Hanoi
Hanoi is just one of the appealing destinations in the north of this fascinating country.
Melaka: Culture, History, and Nature
For an enjoyable history fix, a visit to a city that celebrates its rich and diverse history can be the ideal weekend...
Guideline for Travellers: Flying and Your Ears
You’ve likely heard of tennis elbow, but what about airplane ear? For many travellers, it’s an unpleasant addition to their flight