Discuss is a new editorial initiative where we want you to share your thoughts and write about your experiences in Malaysia.
What is your Experience Like Getting a Credit Card in Malaysia?
For an expat in Malaysia, getting a credit card seems to be a complicated issue for some. We’ve heard from some expats who say that their credit card applications were rejected while some said they had to jump through hoops before finally acquiring one. Some banks say the approval for credit cards for expats are on a case-by-case basis.
What are your experiences trying to get a credit card in Malaysia? Did you have any issues or was it as simple as getting one in your home country?
Our Discussion Platform Disqus is Easy to Use
Disqus is a simple comment system. Here’s how you can comment:
- You can choose to sign in to Disqus using your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Disqus) or;
- You can choose to comment anonymously by providing a name of your choice and entering your email address.
Best Commenter Wins 2 Movie Tickets
The best commenter will receive a pair of movie tickets courtesy of Cathay Cineplexes for the movie of your choice. (This will be decided by our online team)
Read our terms and conditions here.
Other Active Discussions on Expat Go Malaysia
- From Bad to Worse: The Haze Situation in Malaysia
- Setting the Record Straight on the i-PASS
- Malaysia Airlines to Introduce Fuel Surcharge to Fares
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "