This post is brought to you by Aman Rimba.
With our busy schedule taking up all our time, to have a peaceful and tranquil place to retire to – if only for a few days – without having to travel far is just perfect. One such place that offers peace and tranquillity is the Aman Rimba Private Estate in Janda Baik, Pahang.
Aman Rimba, which translates to Serene Forest, is burrowed within Janda Baik and is surrounded by lush green forests and the cool mountain air. The private estate will take you back in time with its excellent craftsmanship of a traditional Malay kampung (village). But don’t be fooled by its traditional exterior, as within the six beautiful villas are the best kind of comfort one needs for a luxurious getaway.
A stay in Aman Rimba is perfect for a short getaway to relieve your stresses and more. The estate is available for rent for families and groups of friends, weddings, photography shoots, company getaways and more. Up to 35 people can be accommodated.
Below are six reasons why we think you should stay in this tropical Malaysian estate.
1. You Get The Entire Estate
Renting the estate for a short getaway is perfect to release your stresses, especially if you plan on bringing your family (and then some) along. There are 6 different types of villas available, but when you decide to stay here, you rent the entire estate and not just a villa for two. This is a private estate and thus, the entire estate is rented out, instead of individual villas, to maintain your privacy.
The 6 villas are spaciously designed to accomodate up to 20 people. If you have more people in your group, say about 35, the extra rollaway beds can be rented for an additional RM100 per night (with breakfast).
Renting the entire estate is great not only for family gatherings, but also wedding celebrations, corporate training sessions, team building activities, photo shoots and much more.
2. Authentic Experience
Aman Rimba was designed to resemble a traditional Malay kampung (village). Situated along the banks of the Sungai Benus river, this private estate offers guests the experience of stepping back in time while experiencing the charming balance of authentic traditional architecture and simple luxury.
The estate is located 415m above sea level. This plus point allows guests to breathe in the cool, clean mountain air as they revel in the lush tropical forest. Staying at the estate, you can’t help but enjoy nature’s intoxicating sounds of birds chirping and sometimes even the calls of gibbons!
3. Ideal Location
Aman Rimba is located in Janda Baik in the district of Bentong, Pahang, which is a beautiful kampung in a tropical rain forest. It is only a 50 minute drive from the Kuala Lumpur City Centre. Those looking for a short getaway but do not wish to travel far will definitely appreciate the convenient distance from the hustle and bustle of KL.
If you are driving, the GPS Coordinates are 3°19’41.47″n, 101°51’46.12″e. You can look for it on Waze by typing in “Aman Rimba Private Estate.” There is a safe and secure car park at the estate.
4. Delicious, Authentic Cuisine
The food at Aman Rimba is delicious! Meals here are literally a feast for the eyes and taste buds. The talented team of village chefs are in charge of preparing mouth-watering Malay dishes made from the freshest ingredients. The recipes are passed down from generation to generation, so you can be assured that the taste will be phenomenal.
One bite is all it takes to make you remember what it is like to savour good food. Meals need to be pre-ordered though. Keep in mind that the food at Aman Rimba is not easily found outside of the estate, so it is certainly worth a try. Aman Rimba also provides a good BBQ and Steamboat meal and traditional Kelantanese cuisines.
For dessert, indulge in local Malaysian fruits from Aman Rimba’s orchards. During fruiting season, guests can enjoy durians, rambutans, mata kucing, buah terap, langsat, machang, mangosteens, jackfruit and cempedak.
Aman Rimba does not serve alcohol, but guests are allowed to bring their own at no additional charge. Glasses are available for you to use.
5. Superior Accommodation
There are six wonderful villas at this private estate:
- Villa Sireh – 1 king and 1 single day bed (2 pax). Additional 5 pax allowed on rollaway beds.
- Villa Serai – 1 queen and 1 single day bed (2 pax). Additional 2 pax allowed on rollaway beds.
- Villa Halia – 1 queen and 2 single beds (4 pax). Additional 1 pax allowed on rollaway beds.
- Villa Kunyit – 1 queen and 2 single beds (4 pax). Additional 1 pax allowed on rollaway beds.
- Villa Kantan 1 – 1 king and 1 queen-sized day bed (4 pax). Additional 3 pax allowed on rollaway beds.
- Villa Kantan 2 – 1 king and 1 queen-sized day bed (4 pax). Additional 3 pax allowed on rollaway beds.
The villas are all equipped with comfortable beds, ensuite hot-water bathrooms, air-conditioning, ample space within the rooms, a garden setting outside and a quiet veranda. Also, the villas all have large windows that offer a charming view of the surroundings. Each one is configured differently, and in total, can fit 20 people. Extra rollaway beds are available (upon early request) and these can accommodate an extra 15 people.
The surrounding vegetation and tranquil setting will make you feel as if you are living away from the outside world, but for those who need it, wireless broadband is available. A walk around the estate is tempting, especially when you come across the swimming pool, the gazebo, the bar, the games room, a hardcourt, a multipurpose hall and even a charming river.
6. Fun Activities
Now, for those who can’t sit still, Aman Rimba has a number of activities you can take part in. There is a list of ready activities you can choose from, but, if you wish, you can also participate in other activities provided by third party specialist providers. The arrangements for these activities will need to be made at the time of booking. Some of the activities include;
- Swimming – There’s nothing like a swimming pool to cool down and relax. Do take note that this pool has a jet spa system.
- River Dipping – If a dip in the swimming pool is too “modern”, take a walk just outside the Aman Rimba property line for a dip in the Sungai Benus river.
- Hardcourt Games – Badminton, volleyball or basketball. This court is just right for your choice of sport.
- Cycling – If you can ride a bike, check out the recreational bicycles available for you to explore the Aman Rimba grounds. Take the cycling paths along the riverbank for a picturesque view.
- Fishing – Fishing has been said to be a calming activity. At Aman Rimba, the lake has a variety of fish. For those who come unprepared, fishing gear and bait are readily available.
- Photography – Because of its beauty, photographers are spoilt for choice on location spots around the estate.
- Bird Feeding – Swans, ducks and birds; all guests are welcomed to feed them.
- Bird-watching and Tree-spotting – Bird watchers will have a field day checking out these beautiful creatures.
- Reading – There is a large collection of books (all belonging to the owners personal collection) in Villa Sireh and guests are welcome to read them if they like.
- Games Room – For more fun, guests can make their way to the games room for a game of pool, mah-jong and cards. There’s also a Nintendo Wii set.
More activities are available at an additional fee. You can speak to the manager when placing your booking to enquire on the price. These activities include Amazing Race and Teambuilding Games, Tele matches, Jungle Trekking, Paintball and a Traditional Massage.
As you can see, there is plenty to do and see when you stay at Aman Rimba.
For booking enquiries, contact them at:
Tel: 019 3830500
Email: [email protected]
Aman Rimba Photo Gallery
The map below will show you where Aman Rimba is located.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "