Capture Your ‘Treasured Moment’
Jointly organised by Eastern & Oriental Berhad (E&O) and TEG Media, the Young Photographer’s Contest welcomes all students (18 & below) studying in international schools in Penang to put their creative skills to the test by showing us the things they treasure through photography.
Photos must capture images related to the theme “My Treasured Moment”. You can also come up with your own interpretation of the theme. If you are looking for additional inspiration, visit www.seritanjungpinang.com or check out the submissions from E&O’s previous photography contest in Johor.
So, start snapping away and stand a chance to win cash prizes!
- 1st prize: RM500
- 2nd prize: RM400
- 3rd prize: RM300
- Most Voted Online
- Photo of the Day
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 20 OCTOBER 2017
Contest Entry Guide
The contest is open to students of any nationality attending an international school in Johor.
There are two categories:
- JUNIOR: Below 13 years of age as of 20 October 2017.
- SENIOR: Between 13 and 18 years of age as of 20 October 2017.
- Each contestant can submit up to three entries.
- Entries should reflect the theme of the contest. Students must submit their photos together with a description explaining why they think it meets the theme of “My Treasured Moment”.
- All entries must be at least 6MB in file size and in JPEG format. Dropbox or WeTransfer is recommended to send images with file sizes over 10MB.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white.
How to Enter
Each entry must be submitted with a completed entry form, downloadable below.
If you have trouble downloading the form, you can request a copy by emailing [email protected]
Announcement of Winners
The top 100 pictures, selected by the judges, will be displayed at an event which will take place in Penang. Further details will be provided to each shortlisted contestant.
Photos submissions will be judged based on adherence to theme, creativity and composition. The judges’ decision is final.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos that are manipulated electronically will be disqualified.
- Each student may submit up to three images with a separate entry form for each image.
- Each entry form must be signed by a parent, guardian or teacher, confirming that the photo is an original photo taken by the student to the best of their knowledge.
- Contestants agree that all photos submitted may be published by E&O and TEG in its various publications and/or websites with appropriate photographer credit, but without notice or further compensation.
Send photos to [email protected] either via e-mail for photos under 10MB or a file transfer site such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for photos over 10MB.
For enquiries: contact 603-2093 9539/603-2094 9664 (9.00am – 5.00pm, weekdays)
Entries must be submitted not later than 12.00pm on 20 October 2017.
Weekly News Bites: Health, Law, and Travel
Your weekly dose of bite-sized Malaysian news.
0Design & Architecture
Unique Boutique Hotels in Malaysia
From an industrial-style container in the city centre to a glass box in the middle of a rainforest, here are some unique...
1.4KHome & Living
6 Scented Candles to Help You Relax
If you've been feeling extra stressed lately, it's time to elevate your wind down ritual with these six scented candles to help...
Lucky Garden Welcomes Pocket Park as Part of Bangsar Uplift
These efforts are to make Lucky Garden more green and clean with less traffic congestions.
Not-To-Be-Missed Shopping Malls in Bangkok
Up your shopping game at these malls in Bangkok.
TripAdvisor Goes Social
Are you on board for the world's first 'travel feed'? TripAdvisor goes social.
Poolside Dining: Hotel Poolside Restaurants in KL
Enjoy a sip and nibble at these beautiful hotel poolside restaurants in KL!
A peaceful sanctuary in Cameron Highlands with large spacious rooms, antique wooden furniture, and sprawling landscaped gardens, the Hill Top bungalow is...
11 Sports Centres in KL and Selangor
You can easily play football in a park or jog around your neighbourhood, but other sports require specific facilities. Here's a list...
Yoga Holiday: 5 Yoga Retreats in Malaysia
If your idea of a holiday involves practicing yoga and eating healthily, you'll want to check out these yoga retreats in Malaysia...