Capture Your ‘Treasured Moment’
Jointly organised by Eastern & Oriental Berhad (E&O) and TEG Media, the Young Photographer’s Contest welcomes all students (18 & below) studying in international schools in Penang to put their creative skills to the test by showing us the things they treasure through photography.
Photos must capture images related to the theme “My Treasured Moment”. You can also come up with your own interpretation of the theme. If you are looking for additional inspiration, visit www.seritanjungpinang.com or check out the submissions from E&O’s previous photography contest in Johor.
So, start snapping away and stand a chance to win cash prizes!
- 1st prize: RM500
- 2nd prize: RM400
- 3rd prize: RM300
- Most Voted Online
- Photo of the Day
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 20 OCTOBER 2017
Contest Entry Guide
The contest is open to students of any nationality attending an international school in Johor.
There are two categories:
- JUNIOR: Below 13 years of age as of 20 October 2017.
- SENIOR: Between 13 and 18 years of age as of 20 October 2017.
- Each contestant can submit up to three entries.
- Entries should reflect the theme of the contest. Students must submit their photos together with a description explaining why they think it meets the theme of “My Treasured Moment”.
- All entries must be at least 6MB in file size and in JPEG format. Dropbox or WeTransfer is recommended to send images with file sizes over 10MB.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white.
How to Enter
Each entry must be submitted with a completed entry form, downloadable below.
If you have trouble downloading the form, you can request a copy by emailing [email protected]
Announcement of Winners
The top 100 pictures, selected by the judges, will be displayed at an event which will take place in Penang. Further details will be provided to each shortlisted contestant.
Photos submissions will be judged based on adherence to theme, creativity and composition. The judges’ decision is final.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos that are manipulated electronically will be disqualified.
- Each student may submit up to three images with a separate entry form for each image.
- Each entry form must be signed by a parent, guardian or teacher, confirming that the photo is an original photo taken by the student to the best of their knowledge.
- Contestants agree that all photos submitted may be published by E&O and TEG in its various publications and/or websites with appropriate photographer credit, but without notice or further compensation.
Send photos to [email protected] either via e-mail for photos under 10MB or a file transfer site such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for photos over 10MB.
For enquiries: contact 603-2093 9539/603-2094 9664 (9.00am – 5.00pm, weekdays)
Entries must be submitted not later than 12.00pm on 20 October 2017.
Diving Jewels: 10 Best Places and Times to Dive in Malaysia
Whether you're looking for the elusive whale shark, friendly turtles, or to get caught in a vortex of barracuda, check out this...
Hidden Gems: 5 Places to Visit in Kepong
It is definitely worth the time to take a trip to Kepong as there are a lot of things to do there!
3.2KHome & Living
How to Bring Some Hygge into Your Home
From something small like adding candles to your decor, to becoming a full-fledged plant parent, check out this list for tips on...
3.3KCulture & Religion
Kelantan: The Real Cradle of Malay Heritage Few Know About
Unlike most places in Malaysia, Kelantan is a time capsule that preserves various forms of Malay cultural heritage.
Reds, Whites, and Greens: Wine and Golf in South Australia
David Bowden finds that when it comes to hitting the links and then enjoying a quality tipple, few places can compete with...
World Oceans Day 2018: Coral Conservation in Langkawi
This World Oceans Day, we take a look at The Andaman Langkawi's coral conservation efforts that are carried out at the luxury...
Skincare Products in Malaysia That Look Good Enough to Eat (but please don’t!)
Think it's just another kuih Raya? Think again! These Malaysian-made skincare products look good enough to eat, but are actually really great...
Gardening Titbits: Nurseries in Klang Valley
With a tropical climate of just sun and rain, why shouldn’t we take some time to get some gardening done?
Create: Arts and Crafts Workshops in KL
Indulge your inner artsy craftsy with these upcoming arts and crafts workshops in KL! From crocheting your own drawstring bag to learning...
Haris Rashid: A Visionary Artist
Local artist Haris Rashid uses mixed media and combined art themes to create his own personal style.