Capture Your ‘Treasured Moment’
Jointly organised by Eastern & Oriental Berhad (E&O) and TEG Media, the Young Photographer’s Contest welcomes all students (18 & below) studying in international schools in Penang to put their creative skills to the test by showing us the things they treasure through photography.
Photos must capture images related to the theme “My Treasured Moment”. You can also come up with your own interpretation of the theme. If you are looking for additional inspiration, visit www.seritanjungpinang.com or check out the submissions from E&O’s previous photography contest in Johor.
So, start snapping away and stand a chance to win cash prizes!
- 1st prize: RM500
- 2nd prize: RM400
- 3rd prize: RM300
- Most Voted Online
- Photo of the Day
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 20 OCTOBER 2017
Contest Entry Guide
The contest is open to students of any nationality attending an international school in Johor.
There are two categories:
- JUNIOR: Below 13 years of age as of 20 October 2017.
- SENIOR: Between 13 and 18 years of age as of 20 October 2017.
- Each contestant can submit up to three entries.
- Entries should reflect the theme of the contest. Students must submit their photos together with a description explaining why they think it meets the theme of “My Treasured Moment”.
- All entries must be at least 6MB in file size and in JPEG format. Dropbox or WeTransfer is recommended to send images with file sizes over 10MB.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white.
How to Enter
Each entry must be submitted with a completed entry form, downloadable below.
If you have trouble downloading the form, you can request a copy by emailing [email protected]
Announcement of Winners
The top 100 pictures, selected by the judges, will be displayed at an event which will take place in Penang. Further details will be provided to each shortlisted contestant.
Photos submissions will be judged based on adherence to theme, creativity and composition. The judges’ decision is final.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos that are manipulated electronically will be disqualified.
- Each student may submit up to three images with a separate entry form for each image.
- Each entry form must be signed by a parent, guardian or teacher, confirming that the photo is an original photo taken by the student to the best of their knowledge.
- Contestants agree that all photos submitted may be published by E&O and TEG in its various publications and/or websites with appropriate photographer credit, but without notice or further compensation.
Send photos to [email protected] either via e-mail for photos under 10MB or a file transfer site such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for photos over 10MB.
For enquiries: contact 603-2093 9539/603-2094 9664 (9.00am – 5.00pm, weekdays)
Entries must be submitted not later than 12.00pm on 20 October 2017.
10 Fun Ways to Gift Wrap this Christmas
It’s T-13 days till Christmas! Which means we’re just about starting to wrap our gifts (hey, at least we’ve got them ready)....
10 Paintings Depicting Malaysian Culture from Artist Voon Kim Cheong
Based in Selangor, 49-year-old artist Voon Kim Cheong paints stunning abstract paintings with cultural elements with vivid colour. After graduating from Saito...
Festive Fashion for Furry Friends
All over social media, we see people posting pictures of their Christmas trees and home decorations, preparing for the festivities that’s fast...
Nurturing Creativity and Community through Batik in KL
In collaboration with LokaLocal, we’re bringing you some little known stories from all around Malaysia ranging from urban legends to culture, food, and...
Compulsory Home Wiring Checks Every 10 Years to Take Effect in 2018
All houses in the country to conduct compulsory checks on electrical wiring once every 10 years, starting next year.
Special DBKL Compound Rates Starting Dec 15
Calling all traffic offenders in Kuala Lumpur! KL City Hall (DBKL) is offering special compound rates for traffic summons under their jurisdiction....
The Bigger Picha (Project)
A food delivery and catering service unlike any other in the country, The Picha Project social enterprise is a testament to the...
8 Christmas Bazaars to Get You in the Christmas Spirit
If you’re anything like me, as soon as the month of December hits, the frantic present-buying spree begins. Luckily, there’s still another...
28th Raja Muda Regatta Another Success
The Raja Muda Selangor International Regatta (RMSIR) is one of Malaysia’s premier yacht racing events and closes out the country’s annual regatta...
3 Things You Should Know About Malaysia’s Massive Data Leak
Just two weeks ago, people were talking about sayakenahack.com, a site set up by tech blogger Keith Rozario for people to check...