After rumours of an imminent cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib has announced the appointment of three new ministers and three new deputy ministers in his cabinet. The six new additions comprise of members from Barisan Nasional (BN) and component party leaders from MCA and Gerakan.
The new ministers are:
1. Minister of Transport – Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai (MCA President)
2. Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department – Datuk Mah Siew Keong (Gerakan President) and Datuk Dr Wee Ka Siong (MCA Deputy President)
The three new deputy ministers are:
1. Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry – Datuk Lee Chee Leong (MCA Vice-President)
2. Deputy Minister of Finance – Datuk Chua Tee Yong (MCA Vice-President)
3. Deputy Minister of Women, Family and Community Development – Datin Paduka Chew Mei Fun (MCA Vice-President)
The oath-taking ceremony of the new cabinet members will take place this Friday at the Istana Negara at 11.30am.
Story from: Bernama
Homepage Highlight Photo credit: Giselleai / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)
- An Afternoon with the Venezuelan Ambassador
- Summary of President Barack Obama’s Visit in Malaysia
- An Afternoon with the Argentinian Ambassador