TEG (www.theexpatgroup.com) is a boutique media company focused on providing informative and entertaining stories about Malaysia. It does this through print magazines, online media, and events.
The online media team is currently looking for someone to lead the digital sales efforts.
About TEG Digital
Our primary online media sites comprise ExpatGo.com, EatDrink.my, and MM2H.com. Two years ago, our media sites attracted less than 25,000 monthly readers. Now these combined sites attract over 300,000 monthly online readers and continue to grow.
ExpatGo.com is a media site focused on publishing news and lifestyle articles for living better in Malaysia.
EatDrink.my is a media site which publishes independent restaurant reviews and feature articles, for places to eat and drink around KL & Selangor.
MM2H.com is an online guide providing insights about the Malaysia My Second Home Visa Programme.
Experience and Skills
- 4 to 8 years’ experience in sales / business development, preferably with a media company or ad agency based in Malaysia.
- Strong understanding of online publishing and online ad products, such as sponsored content, display ads, and email marketing.
- A good grasp of the landscape of publishing websites, social media, ad prices, and analytics software.
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written.
- A strong network of marketing decision-makers in Malaysia, such as ad agencies and marketing teams.
- Identify prospects, network and cold call, pitch ideas, and sign digital advertising deals
- Work in collaboration with TEG’s general sales team to enhance our digital media offering
- Prepare proposals and contracts
TEG’s online media presence is still small, but growing quickly. We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who is willing to work hard with limited resources to help take the digital ad sales to the next level!
If you fit the profile outlined above, please email your CV to [email protected] and tell us a bit about yourself.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "