The ABWM (Association of British Women in Malaysia) is a not-for-profit organisation run by volunteers.
The ABWM has three aims:
Providing a support network for members to help them acclimatise to and enjoy their time in Kuala Lumpur.
Raising money for local charities. Last year our members raised 126,000RM.
Arranging opportunities for our members to get together and socialise.
Events organised for members include:
- Weekly coffee mornings at key locations around the city
- Monthly lunches, enjoying a range of cuisines around the city
- Annual events such as celebrating International Women’s Day, Pink October, Christmas Bazaar and Traditional Christmas Lunch
- Monthly Newcomers coffee morning
- Hello KL – a 4 ½ day course which allows for newcomers to meet others who have also just arrived, whilst being introduced to interesting and useful places around the city
- Weekly activities at the Club House in Bangsar, which include Mah Jong, Bridge and Pilates
Other recent events have included a trip to the Genting Outlet Mall, a visit to the Royal Selangor factory and a Bukit Kiara walk (with coffee and cake at the end of course!).
A weekly newsletter and monthly magazine keep members up to date on what is happening and how to get involved.
ABWM Clubhouse (mid point between Bangsar Shopping Centre and Bangsar Village)
23 Jalan Telawi 9,
Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
For application form and membership details, please go to our website: www.abwm.com.my and check out our Facebook page
"ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "