The Expat magazine provides a highly effective way to reach resident expats and overseas visitors. Launched in 1996 it is the most widely read magazine by the expat community with people from over 100 countries reading it.
It is available in either subscription for a personal copy and can be read online in our main website www.ExpatGo.com without charge. In adding some copies are made available to local expat associations, embassies, hotel business centres and selected F&B outlets. We also sell copies in local bookstores.
- Core group of attractive, high income consumers
- Subscribers are looking for ways to spend money
- Extended readership to overseas visitors and Malaysians
HOW IS IT DISTRIBUTED?
- Hard copies of the magazine are sent to paid subscribers
- Hard copies of the magazine are placed in selected locations – embassies, associations, selected F&B outlets etc
- Hard copies of the magazine are sold in book stores
- Complete magazine can be read online, using Calameo software, in our popular website ExpatGo.com
WHAT’S IN IT?
- The magazine is all about Malaysia and we obtain reader feedback from direct interaction with expats and periodic formal surveys to ensure we keep giving expats the content they desire. Our latest survey in 2019 revealed 81% read all or most of the magazine.
- On average our subscribers advise that about eight more people read their copy which greatly increases the reach.
WHO READS IT?
Working expats, retired expats and overseas visitors
- Readers come from over 100 countries. Approximately 41% are from the UK/Europe are; 17% are from North America, 16% are from Australia/New Zealand and 26% from Asia and the rest of the world
- 24% are working expats occupying senior positions in their organizations typically with household income in excess of RM40k a month.
- 23% are here on Malaysia My Second Visa which requires minimum monthly net income of RM10,000 to qualify – many earn much more, are active and happy to spend.
- 11% are in academia – from teachers to university professors.
- Balance of subscribers are in jobs ranging from diplomats to dentists and geophysicists to chiropractors
Extended readership – overseas visitors and Malaysian
- On average, our subscribers advise that they entertain around 10 overseas visitors a year and 85% say they use content from the magazine as a source to tell them about Malaysia including advertisers’ products and services. Many Malaysians also read the magazine online or the copies placed in selected locations.
ARTWORK FEE/OTHER NOTES:
- Artwork fee ranges from RM300 – RM800
depending on work involved.
- Contracts under RM1000 must be paid in
- Placement loading: 10% of ROP rates.
- Display ads design charge RM150.
- Rates subject to applicable sales tax.
PRINT ARTWORK SUBMISSION:
- PDF format – 300dpi.
- InDesign – save with high resolution pictures
- Illustrator – text must be outlined and saved
together with high resolution pictures if
pictures are not embedded.
- Colour proof (optional).
- The Expat magazine (Borneo Vision Sdn Bhd)
and ExpatGo.com cannot assume liability in
the event of faulty artwork from client.
1st of the month prior to publication.
DIGITAL ADVERTISEMENT DIMENSIONS AND FORMAT:
- Billboard : 970 x 250px, 728 x 250px and 300 x 250px.
- JPG, GIF, PNG or HTML5 format.
- Maximum file size: 50kb
- JPG or GIF artworks must be double the height and width of the pixel
dimensions indicated above.
For more details, please refer to our sales team.
FREE EXTRAS FOR ADVERTISERS
Advertisers in The Expat are eligible for editorial support, based on their total spend. Advertisers with contracts exceeding RM5000 will also receive free display ads in our ExpatGo website, with a guaranteed number of impressions (views). Additional impressions can be purchased at a discounted price.
Advertisers who would like extra digital exposure can consider buying a Sponsored Story. This is an article which our experienced staff write and is linked to the advertisers’ product or service. It is written in a way to attract readers while promoting the advertiser, and we guarantee a certain number of reads and subsequently produce a brief independent report on the actual readership.
ARTWORK FEE/OTHER NOTES:
• Artwork fee ranges from RM300 – RM800 depending on work involved.
• Contracts under RM1000 must be paid in advance
• Placement loading: 10% of ROP rates.
• Display ads design charge RM200.
• Rates subject to applicable sales tax.
For more information and to book advertising please contact [email protected]