Capture Your ‘Precious Family Moment’
Jointly organised by Eastern & Oriental Berhad (E&O) and TEG Media, the Johor International Schools Young Photographers Contest welcomes all students (18 & below) studying in international schools in Johor to put their creative skills to the test by showing us the things they treasure through photography.
Photos must capture images related to the theme “Precious Family Moment”. You can also come up with your own interpretation of the theme. If you are looking for additional inspiration, visit www.avira-medini.com or to check out the e-brochure of Avira, E&O’s wellness development in Iskandar Malaysia.
So, start snapping away and stand a chance to win cash prizes!
- 1st prize: RM500
- 2nd prize: RM400
- 3rd prize: RM300
- Most Voted Online
- Photo of the Day
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 13 NOVEMBER 2018
Contest Entry Guide
The contest is open to students of any nationality attending an international school in Johor.
There are two categories:
- JUNIOR: Below 13 years of age as of 6 November 2018.
- SENIOR: Between 13 and 18 years of age as of 6 November 2018.
- Each contestant can submit up to three entries.
- Entries should reflect the theme of the contest. Students must submit their photos together with a description explaining why they think it meets the theme of “Precious Family Moment”.
- All entries must be at least 6MB in file size and in JPEG format. Dropbox or WeTransfer is recommended to send images with file sizes over 10MB.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white.
How to Enter
Each entry must be submitted with a completed entry form, downloadable below.
If you have trouble downloading the form, you can request a copy by emailing [email protected]
Announcement of Winners
The top 100 pictures, selected by the judges, will be displayed at an event which will take place on the afternoon of 17th November 2018 at the The Avira Sales Gallery in Johor. Further details will be provided to each shortlisted contestant.
Photos submissions will be judged based on adherence to theme, creativity and composition. The judges’ decision is final.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos that are manipulated electronically will be disqualified.
- Each student may submit up to three images with a separate entry form for each image.
- Each entry form must be signed by a parent, guardian or teacher, confirming that the photo is an original photo taken by the student to the best of their knowledge.
- Contestants agree that all photos submitted may be published by E&O and TEG in its various publications and/or websites with appropriate photographer credit, but without notice or further compensation.
Send photos to [email protected] either via e-mail for photos under 10MB or a file transfer site such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for photos over 10MB.
For enquiries: contact 603-2093 9539/603-2094 9664 (9.00am – 5.00pm, weekdays)
Entries must be submitted not later than 12.00pm on 13 November 2018.
56Business and Finance
Surviving Malaysia’s Job Uncertainty In 3 Simple Steps
This article is written by Jennifer Dawson. Throughout the course of 2018, 21,532 people lost their jobs, according to Free Malaysia Today....
How to Help an Anxious Person Calm Down
Anxiety is a hard thing to experience. Medically, it is described as an emotion characterized by notions of tension and worry and...
Expat Leadership and Lifestyle in Southeast Asia: Overcoming 5 Key Challenges
Living overseas as an expat comes by its very nature with numerous challenges and rewards overall. In the workplace, however, the expat...
Philippine Airlines New Year Sale
If travelling more is a part of your New Year’s resolutions this year, look for Philippine Airlines! With prices as low as...
Turkish Airlines Now Reaches Lusaka, Zambia
Lusaka, Zambia’s biggest city and capital, has become the 55th destination of Turkish Airlines’ network in Africa. With this, the airline is...
Flying Honu is Set to Soar the Skies
All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan’s largest airline carrier by fleet are launching their new non-stop Airbus A380 aircrafts. The passenger jets are...
9 Ways to Reduce Your Plastic Waste in 2019
Well, another new year has arrived, and with it a renewed sense of responsibility to be better stewards of our environment and,...
2.0KCulture & Religion
History of the Cheongsam
The cheongsam is synonymous to the cultural identity of the Chinese all over the world. But did you know that this form-fitting,...
The Man with the Midas Touch
Genting Highlands: A Brief History There once lived a man born in a humble village in 1918, that sat in the mountainous...
1.7KCulture & Religion
Myths and Truths of Chinese New Year
1. You can bribe a God Ever wondered why the fondness for the glutinous rice cake nian gao? The ‘year cake’ or...