Capture Your ‘Precious Family Moment’
Jointly organised by Eastern & Oriental Berhad (E&O) and TEG Media, the Johor International Schools Young Photographers Contest welcomes all students (18 & below) studying in international schools in Johor to put their creative skills to the test by showing us the things they treasure through photography.
Photos must capture images related to the theme “Precious Family Moment”. You can also come up with your own interpretation of the theme. If you are looking for additional inspiration, visit www.avira-medini.com or to check out the e-brochure of Avira, E&O’s wellness development in Iskandar Malaysia.
So, start snapping away and stand a chance to win cash prizes!
- 1st prize: RM500
- 2nd prize: RM400
- 3rd prize: RM300
- Most Voted Online
- Photo of the Day
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 13 NOVEMBER 2018
Contest Entry Guide
The contest is open to students of any nationality attending an international school in Johor.
There are two categories:
- JUNIOR: Below 13 years of age as of 6 November 2018.
- SENIOR: Between 13 and 18 years of age as of 6 November 2018.
- Each contestant can submit up to three entries.
- Entries should reflect the theme of the contest. Students must submit their photos together with a description explaining why they think it meets the theme of “Precious Family Moment”.
- All entries must be at least 6MB in file size and in JPEG format. Dropbox or WeTransfer is recommended to send images with file sizes over 10MB.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white.
How to Enter
Each entry must be submitted with a completed entry form, downloadable below.
If you have trouble downloading the form, you can request a copy by emailing [email protected]
Announcement of Winners
The top 100 pictures, selected by the judges, will be displayed at an event which will take place on the afternoon of 17th November 2018 at the The Avira Sales Gallery in Johor. Further details will be provided to each shortlisted contestant.
Photos submissions will be judged based on adherence to theme, creativity and composition. The judges’ decision is final.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos that are manipulated electronically will be disqualified.
- Each student may submit up to three images with a separate entry form for each image.
- Each entry form must be signed by a parent, guardian or teacher, confirming that the photo is an original photo taken by the student to the best of their knowledge.
- Contestants agree that all photos submitted may be published by E&O and TEG in its various publications and/or websites with appropriate photographer credit, but without notice or further compensation.
Send photos to [email protected] either via e-mail for photos under 10MB or a file transfer site such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for photos over 10MB.
For enquiries: contact 603-2093 9539/603-2094 9664 (9.00am – 5.00pm, weekdays)
Entries must be submitted not later than 12.00pm on 13 November 2018.
For Some, the World Truly is Their Oyster
Between themselves, expat couple Prasanna Veeraswamy and Sangeetha Ranganath have travelled to every single country on this planet we call Earth, even...
Spinning a Yarn on Finance Management: Book Review
Finance management is undeniably important, no matter who you are, where you come from, and how much you earn. And for those...
0Home & Living
5 Household Hacks for Comfort and Convenience
If you are living alone in a cramped apartment and have to deal with endless chores, you are not alone. Just thinking...
Grab: Implementation of New Regulations in E-Hailing Industry
Beginning from 12th July 2019, Friday, due to the implementation of new regulations, users should expect longer waiting periods. Yes, now Grab...
Malaysia’s Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad turns 94
While the new government of Malaysia celebrated its first full term not too long ago in May, the oldest active prime minister...
All That Jazz: Borneo Jazz Festival Returns for its 14th Edition
No Black Tie, in its 21-year existence in Kuala Lumpur as a musical institution sustaining the vibrant jazz scene in the capital...
‘Beg-Packing’: The Bane of Tourism in Asian Countries
When major tourist destination Bali announced last month that ‘beg-packing’ tourists will be sent back to their respective embassies for further action...
10 Books by Malaysian Writers You Should Add to Your TBR List
Malaysian writers are not just talented, they can be somewhat provocative in their writings be they fiction or non-fiction. These 10 books...
Is Malaysia Turning Its Back on Foreigners?
There is no question that the new government inherited some major problems when they came into power in May 2018. Finding a...
The Wonder Women of FIFA
Winning their fourth FIFA Women’s World Cup Championship, Team USA is using their platform to question the international sport’s governing body over...