Capture Your ‘Precious Family Moment’
Jointly organised by Eastern & Oriental Berhad (E&O) and TEG Media, the Johor International Schools Young Photographers Contest welcomes all students (18 & below) studying in international schools in Johor to put their creative skills to the test by showing us the things they treasure through photography.
Photos must capture images related to the theme “Precious Family Moment”. You can also come up with your own interpretation of the theme. If you are looking for additional inspiration, visit www.avira-medini.com or to check out the e-brochure of Avira, E&O’s wellness development in Iskandar Malaysia.
So, start snapping away and stand a chance to win cash prizes!
- 1st prize: RM500
- 2nd prize: RM400
- 3rd prize: RM300
- Most Voted Online
- Photo of the Day
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 13 NOVEMBER 2018
Contest Entry Guide
The contest is open to students of any nationality attending an international school in Johor.
There are two categories:
- JUNIOR: Below 13 years of age as of 6 November 2018.
- SENIOR: Between 13 and 18 years of age as of 6 November 2018.
- Each contestant can submit up to three entries.
- Entries should reflect the theme of the contest. Students must submit their photos together with a description explaining why they think it meets the theme of “Precious Family Moment”.
- All entries must be at least 6MB in file size and in JPEG format. Dropbox or WeTransfer is recommended to send images with file sizes over 10MB.
- Photos can be in colour or black and white.
How to Enter
Each entry must be submitted with a completed entry form, downloadable below.
If you have trouble downloading the form, you can request a copy by emailing [email protected]
Announcement of Winners
The top 100 pictures, selected by the judges, will be displayed at an event which will take place on the afternoon of 17th November 2018 at the The Avira Sales Gallery in Johor. Further details will be provided to each shortlisted contestant.
Photos submissions will be judged based on adherence to theme, creativity and composition. The judges’ decision is final.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Photos that are manipulated electronically will be disqualified.
- Each student may submit up to three images with a separate entry form for each image.
- Each entry form must be signed by a parent, guardian or teacher, confirming that the photo is an original photo taken by the student to the best of their knowledge.
- Contestants agree that all photos submitted may be published by E&O and TEG in its various publications and/or websites with appropriate photographer credit, but without notice or further compensation.
Send photos to [email protected] either via e-mail for photos under 10MB or a file transfer site such as Dropbox or WeTransfer for photos over 10MB.
For enquiries: contact 603-2093 9539/603-2094 9664 (9.00am – 5.00pm, weekdays)
Entries must be submitted not later than 12.00pm on 13 November 2018.
Alex Yoong Leads Team Malaysia at Debut of Nations Cup
Representing Team Malaysia will be Zen Low and Mitchell Cheah who are amongst the best GT drivers in Asia.
Foreigners in Malaysia: Is the MM2H Programme Good or Bad For the Country?
Andy Davison made Malaysia his home a long time ago, and has been closely involved with the MM2H programme since its inception.
487Food & Drink
Gin Cocktails a la Hendrick’s
Hendrick's Regional Ambassador for Southeast Asia, Charmaine Thio, took us on a delicious journey where we learned how to DIY our own...
World Football Summit Asia Comes to Malaysia
WFSA aims to become the most prominent international event for the Asian football industry where the most influential figures of the game...
Family Fun in Johor: 8 Things to Do This Weekend
Children can join a photography workshop, colouring activity by Crayola, or learn how to make their own layang-layang, while parents relax, sip,...
1.9KBusiness and Finance
5 Malaysian Businesses Recognised at World Travel Market London
Five Malaysian companies were given World Excellence Tourism Awards in recognition of their contribution to Malaysia's tourism industry.
Clarification of the MM2H Report by The New Straits Times
This is written in response to a report in the New Straits Time regarding the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme to...
World’s Largest Sleep Study: What We’ve Learnt
The advice of going to bed earlier before a big day is legitimate, science-backed, good advice. See what else the world's largest...
‘Equanimity’ Yacht of Jho Low For Sale
Luxe yacht Equanimity which used to belong to Jho Low, is now up for sale via sealed biddings through yacht brokerage firm...
Brands and Sustainability: Companies Making a Change
Switching from plastic to wheat straws, building a self-sustaining vertical farm facility, and upcycling plastic trash from the ocean are some of...