In addition to the iPhone 5, Apple launched the new iPod Touch in September 2012. The iPod touch has undergone not only technical improvements but design changes.
Let’s recap the tech specifications for the new iPod Touch (5th Generation) compared to the previous iPod Touch (4th Generation)
- Size. The new iPod Touch has a height of 11% longer, a width of 5% shorter, and a depth of 15% slimmer. The new iPod touch dimensions are 123.4 x 58.6 x 6.1 mm.
- Weight. The new iPod Touch is also 15% lighter. It weighs 88 grams.
- Display Screen Size. The new iPod Touch display screen measures 4 inches diagonally (10.15 centimetres.) This is still shorter than the Samsung Galaxy S3, which is a whopping 4.8 inches diagonally (12.2 centimetres). The previous iPhone model (4th Generation) has a screen measuring 3.5 inches diagonally (8.89 centimetres).
- Charge Time. The new iPod Touch fully charges in about 4 hours, which seems to be the same as the previous generation.
- Colours. The new iPod Touch is being offered in a wider range of 6 colours. These colours are in shades of black, grey, pink, yellow, blue, and red. The previous iPod touch had choices of black and white.
- Capability. The new iPod Touch has a 5MP iSight camera, 1080p HD video recording, Siri, Airplay Mirroring, apps, games, music, widescreen video, iMessage, FaceTime, Game Center, email, Safari web browser, Facebook and Twitter integration, Passbook, and Maps.
- Battery Life. The new iPod Touch has up to 40 hours audio playback, which seems to be the same as the previous version. However, the new iPod touch now claims 8 hours of video playback, which is one hour more than the previous model.
- Capacity. The new iPod Touch offers 32GB and 64GB capacity options. The previous generation offered 16GB and 32GB.
As you can see, there are some notable improvements to the iPod Touch. The iPod Touch is available on shelf at Machines Midvalley Megamall, Machines Sunway Pyramid and Machines KLCC. You can also purchase the iPod Touch online on Apple’s website
The starting price for the new iPod Touch in Malaysia is RM 1049.
Will you be purchasing one?
- When will Apple Release the iPhone 5 in Malaysia?
- Samsung to Launch New Device in August 2012
- iPad Mini Available in Malaysia
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "