Books were some of the first things that could be bought online and many hugely popular online e-commerce websites like Amazon.com started out as online bookstores. There are various reason why people turn to the Internet when they feel bookish. Here some key reasons:
- Avoid the Crowds and Traffic. Who likes the traffic in Malaysia? Sometimes it’s not worth braving the traffic and crowded shopping malls to find that wonderful read.
- Find Books You Want and Like. You do not have to visit many bookstores and waste time searching through the shelves to find the book you want when you can conduct an online search in a matter of seconds. Some websites have books lists created around a book you like, which can then help you find similar books or authors that suit your tastes.
- Read Reviews and Ratings. Some websites over great user generated reviews. This can be very helpful to choose a book that you like rather than purchase gargantuan novel which will tear you bored after a few pages.
- Get Discounts. Many online bookstores will run special promotions or show you various editions of each books and almost all of them offer great discounts and deals.
- Get Free Delivery. To cap it all off – shipment is free in many instances if you reach a certain spending criteria. So buying a book online can turn out to be way cheaper than buying one from a physical bookstore. You also don’t have to lug around heavy books after you have purchased them
Do you buy books online? Why or why? Post a thought in the comments below. Also, stay in touch with us by registering for our free e-newsletter here.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "