The British International School of Kuala Lumpur has been recognised as one of the top British schools in Malaysia by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI), which is monitored on behalf of the Department for Education (DfE).
It is the only school in Malaysia to receive an excellent grade in all areas of educational provision by a UK government approved inspectorate.
All British international schools that wish to be recognised by the UK’s department for education and obtain British Overseas School status must be inspected every three years by one of seven UK government approved inspectorates.
The British International School of Kuala Lumpur has recently been inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI), which inspects many of the UK’s top independent schools.
Following its inspection by ISI in March, the British International School of Kuala Lumpur was graded ‘excellent’ in all areas of educational provision, a result that is comparable to that of top UK independent schools and is unprecedented here in Malaysia.
The school was visited by nine inspectors from overseas who spent a week conducting lesson observations, and interviews with parents, pupils, staff and governors. A total of 185 interviews and lesson observations were conducted. Inspectors also reviewed the school’s policies and processes to ensure they comply with UK standards of good practice.
In the final report, ISI provides an assessment of the school, specifically reporting on the following:
- Pupils’ achievements and their learning, attitudes and skills
- Curricular and extra-curricular provision
- Quality of teaching
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils
- Arrangements for welfare, health and safety
- Governance of the school
- Leadership and management of the school
- Links with parents, carers and guardians
The main findings from the report were that “the British International School of Kuala Lumpur meets its challenging aims in exemplary fashion.
“The pupils achieve excellent standards in their learning, stimulated by the high quality of teaching provided by a passionate and committed staff and a broad, innovative, literacy-led curriculum, which includes outstanding provision for music and physical education, and enables the creation of confident speakers.”
Other highlights of the report include:
- “The quality of the pupils’ achievements and of their learning, attitudes, and skills is excellent.”
- “The contribution of extra-curricular activities is outstanding. Pupils have many opportunities to take part in a wide range of activities that include team and individual sports, performance in music, drama and debate.”
- “The contribution of teaching is excellent. The relationship between the teachers and the children is exceptional, and the high quality of teaching ensures excellent learning so that the children are extremely well prepared for the next stage of their education.”
- “The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils is excellent. The pupils show a strong ethical and moral awareness.”
- “Throughout the school, the quality of pastoral care is excellent. Relationships between staff and pupils and amongst the pupils themselves is excellent.”
- “The excellence of the pupil’s academic and personal development provides evidence of the governors’ outstanding strategic oversight.”
- “Leaders, at all levels, are committed to realising the school’s challenging aims to motivate pupils to achieve the extent of their intellectual and physical abilities, to provide a vibrant, happy and secure environment, and to uphold the values of honesty, integrity and respect.”
For more information, visit the British International School of Kuala Lumpur’s website.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
0Food & Drink
5 Other Wines to Try If You Like Sauvignon Blanc
If you’re a fan of the popular Sauvignon Blanc varietal, but want to branch out, here are some great alternatives to put...
Entire Country Under MCO from May 12 to June 7
The Malaysian government has learned the hard way that keeping promises in a global pandemic is a lot harder than it seems....
‘How Is This Possibly Fair?’ Malaysians Fume Over Latest MCO, HIDE Measures
Poor communication, inconsistent application, and haphazard rollout confuses and frustrates business owners and consumers alike. It’s accurate to say that Malaysians have...
Alarm Grows as Waves of Covid Surge throughout Asia
It’s not just India. In South and Southeast Asia, several countries are seeing their worst outbreaks of the pandemic yet. India has...
Shocking Discovery Reveals the Amazon Rainforest Is Now a Major Carbon Emitter
Brazil plunges the planet deeper into the catastrophic jaws of climate change due to its massive deforestation of the Amazon basin. With...
Will e-Sports Be the Next Big Thing for Schools?
Music appreciation, art, and traditional sports are increasingly making room for the latest extracurricular pursuit in schools – competitive gaming, or e-sports...
The Latest MCO is the ‘Most Confusing One’ Yet
Vague directives, contradictory requirements, and a haphazard patchwork of affected areas leave netizens and business leaders utterly baffled. Malaysians will need to...
Bali Kicks Out Another Pair of ‘Influencers’ for Violating Covid Regulations
Authorities in Bali voted two YouTubers ‘off the island’ for their recent video stunt, which went viral in Indonesia and drew a...
5 Reasons Southern Marina Residences Elevates Your Life
In a city that rivals Kuala Lumpur’s dedication to urban and modern development, Southern Marina Residences in Puteri Harbour, Johor could be...
NASA Astronauts Return from Space in a Smooth Splashdown with SpaceX Crew Capsule
NASA’s Commercial Crew Program in collaboration with external companies like SpaceX, is developing safe, reliable, and cost-effective space travel. Having started their...