The options for online shopping for clothes in Malaysia is expanding, but it is also still complicated to know where to go. In general, online shopping in Malaysia is still an emerging lifestyle technology.
Here are some stores to check out if you’re looking to buy clothes online in Malaysia and don’t want to deal with the enormous crowds at the malls.
SEE ALSO: Online Shopping in Malaysia: A Full Guide
Amazon.com is one of the largest retailers on the Internet and offers an incredible variety of items. This website is based in the United States. Amazon does restrict which products can be shipped to Malaysia, notably electronics. Fortunately, many types of fashion items do sell and ship to Malaysia. (However, we did recently notice that shoes seem to be blocked from shipping to Malaysia.)
Depending upon how quickly an item needs to be obtained and whether or not there is a cheaper option closer to home, Malaysians may want to skip the high international shipping rates. Amazon, however, has such an enormous selection of different brands and products that many shoppers in Malaysia may very well find it hard not to occasionally hit the site. Security on Amazon, of course, is top-notch.
Amazon Payment Options:
- No Cash on Delivery
- Credit Card
- Gift Card and Promotional Codes
- Amazon.com Store Card
- Checking Account (Must be a US based checking account)
Malaysian Currency Payment Option? Yes
Example of Amazon.com’s Shipping Cost and Delivery Time:
- Product Example: One Polo Shirt
- Cost for shipping to Bangsar: RM 64.30
- Estimated Delivery Time: “Average 5-10 business days” (AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping Option)
You can visit Amazon’s website here.
ASOS is a UK based online shopping website, but it truly services the international marketplace, offering free shipping to practically any destination around the world.
The website offers a variety of different types of clothing and styles .It has an incredible section of clothes and hundreds of brands of for men, women, and children.
Another neat feature about ASOS is that it provides a useful guide to help you understand the clothing size. For example, when choosing a Polo shirt, you can select a size from XXS to XXL. If you’re unsure which one to select, you can view the size matrix, which will tell you the approximate dimensions corresponding to the label size.
ASOS Payment Options
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Electron, Laser, Maestro, Delta, Solo, Deal, DK Visa)
Malaysian Currency Payment Option? No Malaysian current option to select, but converting should not be a problem.
- Standard Shipping: 9-28 Days, Free of Charge
- Express Shipping: 4-10 Days, GBP 20 (RM 95)
ASOS Product Example
- Product: Polo Shirt
- Cost for Shipping to Bangsar: RM 0
- Est. Time Delivery: 10 business days
You can visit the ASOS website here.
Zalora Malaysia is one of the largest online clothing retailers in Malaysia and offers a variety of items for women and men. Shoes are particularly heavily advertised on the site. Clothing options include styles suitable for just about anyone from formal to athletic wear.
Zalora Malaysia offers free delivery for items priced above RM75, making it desirable in terms of shipping. Their site also utilizes good security, making it generally safe for online shopping.
Zalora Malaysia maintains a strong web presence, having a popular Facebook page and other online resources where shoppers can learn more about this retailer.
Zalora Payment Options
- Cash On Delivery
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard SecureCode, Maestro)
- Online Banking
- Bank Deposit / ATM Transfer
- Celcom Aircash
Malaysian Currency Option? Yes.
Zalora Shipping Charges and Time:
- Shipping may take from 1 to 14 business days.
- Free shipping for orders above RM 5
- If you order less than RM 75 worth of merchandise, there is a flat shipping fee of RM 5 for West Malaysia. For East Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak), there is a flat shipping fee of RM 10. There is now an option to ship to Brunei, which has a flat shipping of RM 30 (free shipping to Brunei for orders over RM 250).
If you want to skip the international shipping, you can go with a Malaysian company such as Fashion Valet and get your items quickly and at minimum cost.
You should note that this website offers products for women and children – not men.
Fashion Valet does not have as large of a selection of brands, particularly lacking is international brands. However, you’re still like to find something you’d like. The website has over 120 brands, ranging from modern businesses attire and casual attire to more traditional clothing. They also offer a wide selection of shoes, many of them high-fashion designs that should be appealing to an upscale crowd.
Fashion Valet Payment Options:
- Cash on Delivery
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard)
- CIMB Clicks
- Positive SSL
Malaysian Currency Option: Yes, it’s a Malaysian company! (Fashion Valet Sdn. Bhd.)
Fashion Valet Shipping Charges and Time:
- Local (Malaysia) Delivery: Free of charge and delivers within 1 to 2 business days
- International (Outside of Malaysia) Delivery: RM 30 charge for all orders to Thailand and Indonesia (Free if purchase is over RM 500). Free delivery to Brunei and Singapore.
You can visit Fashion Valet’s website here.
Where do you shop for clothes online in Malaysia? Post thoughts or questions in the comments below. Also, stay in touch with us, Leaping Post, by registering for our free e-newsletter here.
RECOMMENDED: Top International Fashion Websites with Free Shipping to Malaysia
"ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "