This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
60,000 Have Now Died in Three Months of the Pandemic (latest updates)
This post was updated on Saturday, April 4, 2020, 12:30pm. Updates and new developments will be posted here daily. • Confirmed Covid-19...
If You Have an MM2H Visa and Are Stuck Overseas, Read This Now
When the Malaysian government implemented its Movement Control Order (MCO) to help mitigate the spread of Covid-19 in the country, one component...
Singapore Ramps Up Efforts to Fight Coronavirus, Now Includes Movement Restrictions
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong addressed the city-state of Singapore this afternoon and announced a new range of measures being implemented to...
0Home & Living
Practicing Togetherness during a Lockdown
If you are privileged enough to be stuck at home with your loved ones during this very challenging MCO period, count yourselves...
From Mockery to Modelling: Asians May Have Been Right About Face Masks All Along
We’ve been told repeatedly in the run-up to, and certainly throughout, the Covid-19 pandemic that those little paper surgical masks – the...
Seven Video Games to Play if You’re Struggling with Work
Unless you have the discipline of a saint, or by some other extraordinary form of self-control, many would be finding maintenance of...
Personal Reflections on the Coronavirus Pandemic
This post was contributed by Andy Davison, CEO of TEG Media. The unfolding coronavirus pandemic seems to hit everyone in different ways....
0Home & Living
Having Your Coffee at Home? Here Are Some Genius Uses for Used Grounds
Now that we are fully into week two of the Movement Control Order, it’s likely that a lot of people are rediscovering...
Four Sources to Keep You Entertained and Educated
As we enter the second half of the Movement Control Order (MCO), no doubt by now we would have identified key areas...
From Dyson to F1 to AI, Tech Comes to the Aid in the Coronavirus Fight
In the global fight against the coronavirus pandemic, a lot of old-school approaches are yielding positive results, none more basic than good,...
Expats Arrested for Jogging in Defiance of MCO
A total of 11 people, most of whom were expats, were arrested in Mont Kiara by police for flouting the Movement Control...