This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
Study: Three Simple Acts Can Beat Covid-19
Even without a vaccine, if enough people just do three simple things, all of Malaysia’s excellent efforts so far in fighting the...
Government: No More Home Quarantine Allowed; Cops Now Taking Harsher Action Against Those Who Defy RMCO
Ismail Sabri has announced there will be no more second chances or warnings given; violators will now face compounds or jail. As...
Don’t Get Complacent, Prime Minister Warns
(Updated July 20) A misguided belief that the pandemic is over has led to disastrous results in numerous countries. Malaysia’s Prime Minister...
Written Guidelines Issued for Expats to Return to Malaysia
Updated Thursday, June 25, 11:30am. Following the announcement that Malaysian Immigration is beginning to relax the rules for some categories of work...
US: 230K Deaths Projected by November; Malaysia’s Covid-19 Management Holding Steady
Updated August 3 A number of countries around the world which have had relative success battling the coronavirus pandemic are facing new...
Limited Crossing Agreement with Singapore Suggests Borders Won’t Fully Open Anytime Soon
The recent announcement that some limited travel will be permitted across the Causeway to and from Singapore was welcomed, but it is...
Cuti-Cuti Malaysia: Rediscovering Historic George Town
While I usually carry a map on my travels (hardcopy, not on a hand-held device), I prefer to just wander around some...
A Reminder: Leaving Malaysia for a Holiday is NOT Permitted
All residents of Malaysia, including expats, are restricted from taking international vacations at this time. At a regularly scheduled media briefing on...
Congratulations Class of 2020 Uplands IB Diploma Students!
Uplands students once again exceed global averages at IBDP The International School of Penang (Uplands) students have, once again, exceeded global averages...
Banyan Tree Kuala Lumpur Extends Its ‘Welcome Back’ Offers!
Welcome back to Banyan Tree Kuala Lumpur! The luxury resort hotel in the heart of KL is currently offering outstanding deals on...
Hospitals: The Safest Place During a Pandemic?
A Panel with Prince Court Medical Centre: Covid-19 in Malaysia Prince Court Medical Centre (PCMC), one of the leading healthcare providers in...
462Food & Drink
New Lineup from Starbucks Brings Outdoor Fun Inside
Summer fun at Starbucks continues with a mix of new flavors and experiences. Starbucks is offering vibrant new flavors and a luscious...