This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
See the World Without Destroying It
Two decades into the 21st century, travelling is in many ways easier and more accessible than ever before. As we are all...
Gazientep’s Culinary Wonders
This travel post was written by Suriah Foster. As I entered my office on a hazy August morning, my boss Andy delivered...
In The Stillness of Abstract Scriptures, TiarizArts Tells All
Introspection is almost always an artist’s greatest asset. To delve deep into one’s own consciousness can be quite a vulnerable experience, and...
A Levels or the IB Diploma?
Helen Prior is the founder and director of SchoolSelect Malaysia, Malaysia’s first independent school consultancy. She is passionate about helping families navigate...
New Name, Same Fears, Increased Fatalities
With news bulletins coming in regularly, the situation surrounding the ongoing outbreak of the novel coronavirus is changing fairly rapidly. Here are...
Forward with Fencing for an Olympic Future
This article was written by Nick Atkinson. It’s swordfighting…and I could swordfight every day! After emceeing the inaugural International Touché Minime Fencing...
Citilink Indonesia Launches New International Route Connecting Bandung and Kuala Lumpur
Starting from 8 February 2020, Indonesian airline Citilink Indonesia launched its new international route from Bandung, Husein Sastranegara International Airport (BDO), to...
The Wondrous Spectacle of Thaipusam in Malaysia
Faith, endurance, and penance: these are the core facets of a Thaipusam celebration. Celebrated by Hindu practitioners all around the world, Thaipusam...
A Foodie’s Guide to Japan’s Kansai Region
With the upcoming 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics, the city will undoubtedly host spillover sporting events. Beyond the stadiums, first-time and returning visitors...
February Events 2020: Refugees, Reloved, and Readings
Things are picking up again in the second month of the year (explaining the lateness of this post, sorry!); and while overseas...