This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
"ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
Join Us for an Extraordinary Wine Dinner at Mazi Greek Taverna
Get ready for an unforgettable evening at TEG’s first wine dinner of the year, set against the backdrop of one of Kuala...
0Expats in Malaysia
Calling All Expat Entreprenuers!
We’d love to feature you and showcase your entrepreneurial spirit in The Expat magazine! Attention all expat entrepreneurs in Malaysia! Have you...
Malaysian Government Reverses Course on Taxing Traditional Medicine
After affirming that the new 8% service tax would apply to traditional medicine providers, the government had a change of heart, now...
Burning Up the 5G Superhighway: Malaysia’s Speeds Are Second-Fastest in Asia Pacific
Though outpaced by South Korea for 5G download speeds, Malaysia still clocks in with a solid – and impressive – second-place ranking....
Myanmar’s Civil War Is Potentially Set to Get Much Worse
The military junta now in control of the country has declared a military draft – to raise an army to fight the...
It’s the World’s Busiest International Air Route… Here’s Why
The humble one-hour air corridor between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur routinely makes the list for the world’s busiest. Now it’s perched at...
A Newly Unveiled Battery That Lasts 50 Years Could Make Phone Charging Obsolete
It sounds like the stuff of science fiction, but a Chinese start-up company recently unveiled a nuclear battery with a five-decade lifespan....
Malaysia Looking to Hit 2023 GDP Growth Target
The 2023 numbers have not been finalised yet, but things are looking good for Malaysia and its post-pandemic economic momentum. Malaysia is...
0Culture & heritage
The Year of the Dragon Is Here: What Should You Expect?
As we bid farewell to the Rabbit and welcome the Year of the Dragon, it’s time to prepare for what lies ahead...
The Beautiful New Marriott Penang Debuts on Gurney Drive
The five-star hotel under the namesake brand of the sprawling Marriott International group is the first in Penang. With the February 7,...