This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
"ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
0Food & Drink
Getting to Know Liberica: Malaysia’s Homegrown Coffee
Take a break from your normal everyday cuppa and explore what Malaysia has to offer the world of coffee! When scrolling down...
Island Tourism at a Turtle’s Pace
Sometimes it’s good to just slow everything down a bit on holidays, but to really engage with sea turtles on your next...
Mooncake Fair: Mid-Autumn Festival Treats for Everyone
To learn more about this important festival, or just to get into the spirit and pick up some special mooncakes, head to...
Philippine Airlines Suddenly Finds Itself in Real Trouble
It’s a resolvable problem, but will take time, and the impact on the national carrier of the Philippines has been both immediate...
Looking for Something to Do on the Weekend? Try the New HSS Pocket Park!
At this tiny urban oasis, you can get your nature fix without leaving the heart of Kuala Lumpur. The historic heart of...
For an Artistic Look at a Bygone Malaysian Era, Treat Yourself to a Digital Sense of Nostalgia
Feast your eyes on these beautifully nostalgic artistic images, all digitally rendered by talented local artist Chong Fei Giap. The ability to...
Slàinte! WhiskyPLUS Notches Another Successful Edition
The event, held at the Eastin Hotel on September 9, drew a terrific crowd of enthusiasts eager to learn more about the...
Charming Koh Samui Still Dodging the Mass Tourism Spotlight
Even on Koh Samui’s most popular beaches, the crowds haven’t yet reached the numbers they have at many other resort islands, making...
0Science & Technology
Could Your Coffee Habit Make the World’s Construction Industry Better? Scientists Say Yes
Researchers have discovered some pretty unorthodox uses for used coffee grounds that could be a game changer in some very different ways....
Teeing Off for a Cause: Xpats Golf Charity Event
Expats and Malaysians alike get out their golf clubs and tee off for a great cause – with impressive results year after...