This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
March Events 2020: Women’s Day, Charity, and Culture
March Madness is flying loud and proud this year, but not everything has to be hectic! Here are some events for you...
Malaysia’s Political Crisis Continues as Background Facts Come Into Focus
This story was updated Feb. 28, 9:50am. As this is a developing story, more updates will be made as the situation progresses....
No Food Waste, Remains Converted to Hotel’s Asset Instead
Sunway Resort Hotel and Spa has cemented the promise to tackle the serious problem of food waste generated by high service businesses...
0Culture & Religion
Attitudes Towards Ink as Reflected by the Tattoo Malaysia Expo
This article was written by expat contributor Jennifer Dawson. 2019’s Tattoo Malaysia Expo was condemned by government officials despite their initial support for the...
A KLIA Partnership with Marriott International Hotels in Malaysia
Launching the new KLIA Ekspres Ride & Win Campaign in conjunction with Visit Malaysia 2020, Tourism Malaysia partners with Marriott International Hotels...
Political Upheaval Continues as PM Mahathir Resigns; Coalition Fractured
Rampant rumours, shadowy power plays, disputed succession plans, public sackings, political intrigue, and lots of questions about what comes next. Welcome to...
See the World Without Destroying It
Two decades into the 21st century, travelling is in many ways easier and more accessible than ever before. As we are all...
Gazientep’s Culinary Wonders
This travel post was written by Suriah Foster. As I entered my office on a hazy August morning, my boss Andy delivered...
In The Stillness of Abstract Scriptures, TiarizArts Tells All
Introspection is almost always an artist’s greatest asset. To delve deep into one’s own consciousness can be quite a vulnerable experience, and...
A Levels or the IB Diploma?
Helen Prior is the founder and director of SchoolSelect Malaysia, Malaysia’s first independent school consultancy. She is passionate about helping families navigate...