This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
"ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
0Culture & heritage
Penang’s Baba Nyonyas
The vibrant Baba Nyonya culture, one that’s rather unique to Malaysia, has never faded away from Penang’s rich heritage and historic scene....
0Culture & Religion
Deepavali, the Hindu Festival of Lights
Also widely known as Diwali, the annual celebration is among the most important on the Hindu calendar. Over a billion Hindus, Sikhs,...
Singapore’s Changi Airport Ups the Ante Once Again
If you thought the world’s best airport would stop with 2019’s jaw-dropping Jewel attraction, think again. It’s all artificial – the waterfall,...
0Food & Drink
Michelin Announces Bib Gourmand Picks in Malaysia Ahead of Full List Coming Soon
The 2024 entrants for Michelin’s Bib Gourmand restaurants include 20 in Kuala Lumpur and 25 in Penang. The 2024 Michelin Guide Kuala...
Oasis International School Outreach Events
Students at OIS recently learned first hand the value of service and the importance of community. The first annual EAGLE Outreach as...
Rediscovering Thailand’s City of Angels
Arriving in Bangkok is like stepping into a whirlwind of sensations and experiences. The Thai capital, known to locals as Krung Thep,...
ISKL: A Community Coming Together through Language
In our increasingly interconnected world, multilingualism has become more than just a skill – it’s a bridge fostering unity and understanding among...
Robertson Quay: Navigating the Waters of Singapore’s History
One of three notable quays along the Singapore River, the largest and most upstream of these is Robertson Quay, a pocket of...
Join Hands with Melbourne Capital Group in the Fight Against Cancer
Join with Melbourne Capital Group for their Movember event, putting the focus on health awareness and philanthropy. Melbourne Capital Group (MCG) has...
0Asia Pacific News
Country Garden’s Financial Problems Pose Serious Threat to China’s Economy
Once China’s largest property developer, Country Garden is struggling with crippling debt problems which threaten to cause further damage to the country’s...