This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
Expats Arrested for Jogging in Defiance of MCO
A total of 11 people, most of whom were expats, were arrested in Mont Kiara by police for flouting the Movement Control...
Malaysian PM Announces RM250B Covid-19 Relief Package
This afternoon, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin addressed the nation and outlined the key points of a RM250 billion economic stimulus...
Battling Addiction During a Social Lockdown
With the world being forced into self-isolation while countries deal with a raging pandemic, the most vulnerable of our societies and communities...
Care for Your Mental Health During the Movement Control Order
As the Movement Control Order announcement officially extends the social distancing period to the 14th of April, many across Malaysia are taking...
An Appeal to the Government: Don’t Shut Out MM2Hers from Malaysia
There is currently in place a very unfair decision made by the Malaysian government which we strongly feel needs to be corrected....
#stayathome: Malaysia Extends MCO to April 14
In a live address to the country this afternoon, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced the Movement Control Order (MCO), which...
Shopping Essentially for Your Household: A Guide
With rumours of the Movement Control Order being potentially extended beyond the month of March, shopping for essentials will have to be...
To Fight Covid-19, Do These Three Things
You need not look far for a staggering amount of advice and admonitions about what to do to protect yourself from the...
Important Notice for Pet Parents During Malaysia’s MCO
With Malaysia under its current lockdown in a bid to curtail speedily rising numbers of Covid-19 cases, pet parents who are seeking...
Nexus International School’s Sports Day March 2020
Watch this video of Nexus International School Malaysia’s Sports Day which showcases triumph, loss, learning, inclusivity and how Nexus celebrates relationships and...