This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
Golfing in Langkawi for a Great Cause (postponed)
THE ORGANISER HAS INFORMED US THAT, IN LIGHT OF THE COVID-19 SITUATION, THIS EVENT HAS REGRETTABLY BEEN POSTPONED. A NEW DATE WILL...
Going Viral: Bad for People, Good for the Planet?
People around the world are taking measured precautions at the very least and going into wholesale panic mode at the very most...
The Best Diet Choice for the Climate Isn’t What You Think
Most people – myself included – have been conditioned to believe that “eating local” is a great way to reduce the carbon...
Malaysia Airlines Flight Supervisor Fired for Being “Overweight”
Just a couple of weeks ago, the civil case filed against Malaysia Airlines Berhad by ex-MH Inflight Supervisor Ina Meliesa Hassim over...
An Astonishing End to a Turbulent Week in Politics
It was a wild week that unsurprisingly saw many Malaysians losing all respect for the politicians and political system in their country,...
New Movie Releases in Malaysia: March 2020
The real world can be an exhausting thing to focus on at the current moment, so here are some movies to help...
British PM Moved to ICU; Grim Milestones in U.S. and Germany (latest updates)
This post was updated on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, 12:00pm. Updates and new developments will be posted here daily. • After announcing...
What to Expect from the Penang Yosakoi Parade 2020
Not your average parade, we guarantee that! Since 2013, the 2nd Saturday of March has seen the streets of Padang Kota Lama...
Art Exhibitions in KL: March 2020
With so much going on in just two months into the new decade, some art may be the key to helping you...
The Time is Right to Explore Malaysia!
With widespread fears about Covid-19 and uncertainty about Malaysian politics both suddenly front and centre, international tourist arrivals to Malaysia have without...