This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
"ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
Malaysia Again Deals with the Transboundary Haze Issue Plaguing Southeast Asia
Though not yet as severe as past haze events, the familiar cloak of haze has again settled over much of the Peninsula,...
From Munich to Malaysia: MGS Oktoberfest Penang Is Coming Soon!
The perennially popular celebration in Penang, organised and hosted by the Malaysian-German Society, is slated for late October this year – mark...
In Singapore, the Price of Owning a Car Starts at RM359K… Car Not Included
The super pricey city-state has made the prospect of owning a car far more expensive than it already was. Owning a car...
0Home & Living
Cultivating a Lush Patio Garden in Malaysia
Bring a little green into your life with these easy-to-grow plants, all of which deliver excellent culinary uses, too! In this tropical...
0Food & Drink
Penang’s Pinnacles of Pizzas
Local street food is always a winning choice in Penang, but if you’re craving some pizza on the island instead, here’s the...
KLM Celebrates 65 Years of Pioneering Aviation – and Malaysia Plays a Role!
In 1958, the now-familiar Dutch airline commenced scheduled passenger service between the Netherlands and Malaya. In 2019, KLM (Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij, or...
New Management for One of Penang’s Finest Boutique Hotels
The George, a beautiful city hotel evoking the heritage of colonial Penang, is now part of The Crest Collection under Malaysia’s growing...
Legends of the Secret Tunnels of Malacca
In history-rich Malacca, stories of secret subterranean passageways have long been whispered. Historian Dennis De Witt takes a closer look with his...
A Late Summer Soirée in Hua Hin
Not far from the endless hustle and bustle of Bangkok, an enchanting weekend getaway beckons, offering visitors a completely different vibe from...
Malaysia’s 2023 Star Academy National Finals Crowns Bartending Champion
Heineken’s nationwide search for Malaysia’s best bartenders came to a fun-filled conclusion recently in Kuala Lumpur, putting the best to the test...