This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
"ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
Emirates Boosts Codeshare Flights with Batik Air Malaysia
The newly strengthened partnership gives passengers in Malaysia a greatly enhanced selection of destinations, and will also allow international passengers to add...
China Buys Cambodia a Brand-New Billion-Dollar Airport
The new Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport, which was funded by China, has opened to replace Siem Reap’s old airport. Cambodia welcomed the...
0Asia Pacific News
China Accused of Bullying Philippine Vessels in the South China Sea
The recent collision incidents – plural – are the latest in an escalating series of maritime disputes between China and the Philippines....
Beneath the Waves: The Bali Less Visited
Travel enthusiast and veteran dive photographer Gordon Reid takes us off the beaten tracks of Bali to some less well-known parts of...
0Business and Finance
Ringgit Falls to 25-Year Low Against US Dollar
The Malaysian currency is the second-worst performing in Asia, and is at its lowest point since the Asian Financial Crisis. Is RM5...
Malaysia Announces Its 2024 Budget
A number of the line items in the lengthy budget are noteworthy, with a handful being of potential interest to expats, as...
Early Detection, Peace of Mind: Pink October Promotion at Sunway Medical Centre
It’s the best gift you can give yourself and your loved ones – peace of mind. In honour of Breast Cancer Awareness...
MYAirline’s ‘Temporary’ Suspension Quickly Starting to Look a Lot More Permanent
The airline is being asked to return its leased aircraft, and the interim CEO, who was named less than a week ago,...
MYAirline Stuns Passengers with Suspension of Operations
The low-cost airline announced it was temporarily suspending all operations effective today, October 12, 2023. It appears there was some hard truth...
Langkawi: An Island Retreat for Better Mental Health
This article contributed by Hery deHaan If you think you need a break, or could benefit from some mental decompression, Malaysia’s very...