This article is brought to you in part by Monash Malaysia.
From creating a news segment, sequencing a genome to practicing CPR skills and taking part in a battle of wits through the Biz IQ Challenge – visitors to the annual Open Day to Discover Monash were in for a treat!
Aptly themed ‘The International Experience’, this year’s biggest highlight was the International Pavilion, showcasing the diversity of Monash Malaysia campus, which consists of students from 70 different nationalities. Visitors were given the opportunity to experience first-hand the games, culture and flavours unique to the 12 countries represented.
Activities include Chinese calligraphy, playing traditional games from Germany and Indonesia, learning all about the art of Ikebana – a Japanese floral arrangement, tribal African dancing, and even learning a little bit of Finnish and French.
Some notable names include popular TEDx speaker and regular BFM guest, Associate Professor George Lee, from the Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences, who provided a captive audience with insights into how to make the best of university years; and international Go-Kart race star, Eshan Pieris, who is also a first year student at the School of Business. In a casual Q&A session, the Sri Lankan shared how he balances his hectic race schedule and handles the pressures of being a student.
For those interested in Monash Malaysia programs, academics and counsellors were available for one-to-one session, to answer queries as well as walk them through the application process. For more information on programs at Monash Malaysia, please visit monash.edu.my.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose Monash University Malaysia as your tertiary destination.
- Obtain a prestigious, internationally recognised Monash University degree. Recognised by the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency, and quality assured by Monash University Australia and the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- Opportunity to spend some time as an exchange student at Monash University Australia, or to transfer to Monash University Australia after completing at least one year at Monash University Malaysia
- Tuition and living expenses significantly less than studying and living in Australia, the US or UK, providing value for money
- Simplified admissions, payment and visa procedures, and the availability of scholarships for academically meritorious students
- Access to high quality research-active academic staff with strong industry connections, and state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Safe, secure and affordable on-campus accommodation, and a lifestyle offering a range of extra-curricular, sporting and recreational opportunities
- Multicultural student population providing support and cultural networks in a dynamic, cosmopolitan, and moderate Muslim environment
- Proximity to countries in the Indian sub-continent and Asian regions
- Excellent employment and career prospects upon completion of studies
- Lifelong worldwide connections through a global alumni network.
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "
Malaysia’s Movement Control Order: The Rules
Under the Movement Control Order (MCO) the Malaysian government has set a number of rules. The MCO stipulates that no persons are...
Forget Franchises, Thrifting Threads are Thriving
“One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” This idiom could not ring any truer at a thrift store. Second hand clothes, off-season...
Hubei Province in China Finally Breathes a Sigh of Relief. Will It Last?
After weeks of quarantine – including widespread lockdowns that, to much of the world at the initial stage, perhaps seemed excessive –...
During the Covid-19 Lockdown: Here’s How to Properly Disinfect Household Surfaces
The virus behind the current pandemic – and pandemonium – is plenty scary, but fortunately, it’s not particularly durable. Outside of a...
Malindo Air Suspends All International Flight Operations
Anticipating a massive drop in demand, as the ongoing Movement Control Order in Malaysia prohibits citizens from leaving the country, Malindo Air...
Confirmed: Malaysian Gov’t Officially Snubs Expats and MM2Hers
BREAKING NEWS: In a development that is quite frankly staggering, we have learned that in the event of foreigners who reside in...
Government Implements Drastic Measures to Limit Spread of Covid-19 in Malaysia
This post updated Wednesday, March 18, 11:30am. No, it’s not a nationwide lockdown… but it’s getting awfully close to becoming one. On...
Malaysia, It’s Time to Change Our Daily Habits. Now.
Over the weekend, Malaysia, which had been showing manageable, linear growth in the day-to-day increase in new cases of the novel coronavirus,...
New Prime Minister Announces Cabinet
The new government sees UMNO, the main party of the former government which was ousted in the last election, back in power....
Melaka: A Spice-Infused Heritage
Located two hours south of Kuala Lumpur by car, Melaka is Malaysia’s cradle of history. As photojournalist David Bowden shares, the port...