Apple Inc. is known for its innovative designs and technologies. The company sent the world into a tizzy with its iMac, iPod, iPad and iPhone and now it is creating another revolution of sorts with its new super modern campus in Cupertino, California.
The company recently submitted plans for a 2.8 million square foot headquarters, called Apple Campus 2, to the Cupertino City Council. If all goes well, 13,000 Apples employees will move into the new building by 2015. Photos released by Apple show a circular building covered with solar panels, holding a wooded region in the middle.
Going by the designs that Apple has released, we can say everything looks extraordinary. People are even saying that the new building looks like a spaceship.
1. Apple intends to make the building as self-sufficient and eco-friendly as possible with solar panel tiled roofs. Some of the biggest pieces of glass in the world will be used at Apple Campus 2.
2. A view of the cafeteria. It is a large airy structure, supported on tall pillars. Hundreds of people can be comfortably seated at a time.
3. The building optimizes the use of space, going by the curved structure and patch of greenery in the middle.
4. The building will have at least three levels along with a corporate auditorium, jogging path, both underground and over-ground parking as well as a fitness center stretching over 4500 square foot.
5. The curvy jogging path outside the building for the super fit at Apple Campus 2.
6. The clear glass structure! Steve Jobs once said that Apple has used its expertise in constructing retail buildings all over the world to come up with the design incorporating large pieces of glass in the architecture.
7. A peep at the park where people can sit down for a leisurely chat, to work or have food.
8. An inside view of the over-ground car park.
9. The over-ground car park is likely to be a four tier structure covered by wall climbing plants. The underground car park is even more gigantic. The two level underground car park is expected to hold 2000 cars.
10. The fitness center connects to the jogging track. Like all other buildings in the complex, the fitness center also makes extensive use of glass.
What are your thoughts about the new Apple headquarters? Post a thought in the comments below.
RECOMMENDED: Does Apple Have Big Plans for Malaysia?
- How to Access iTunes Radio in Malaysia
- Is There an Apple Store in Malaysia?
- Apple TV in Malaysia: Should You Buy it or Not?
- Malaysia Ranked as the Cheapest Place in the World to Buy an iPad
Photo Credit: City of Cupertino
" ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "