WiFi or wireless networking can give you some troubles and make you feel undecided about whether it’s really working for you or not. Here are a few tips that you can use to improve your WiFi experience significantly:
- Place your router at the center of the house while avoiding its placement near big objects, on the floor and thick walls.
- Try and update the software and firmware for a better experience. This can be done by going on the website of the router brand and in case of adapters through updating chip sets.
- Use a free tool like ‘WiFi Analyzer’ to correctly choose the right channel for your access point.
- Get a more sensitive antenna, if your router is supported by an external one. You can either choose omnidirectional or directional.
- Buy a repeater that does not connect to your device and the access point.
If none of the above things work in improving your connectivity, it may be time to do an upgrade.
MORE WIFI STORIES:
- 5 Great WiFi Routers in Malaysia
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi in Malaysia: Better Speed and Range
- 5 Ways to Get Free WiFi in Malaysia
- How to Stay Safe on Public WiFi Networks in Malaysia
- MiFi in Malaysia: An Overview of Portable WiFi Devices
- 5 Great WiFi Boosters in Malaysia
- Why Your Broadband Speed isn’t as Fast as You Think
- What is the Best Broadband Service in Malaysia?
- What is the Best Mobile Network Service in Malaysia?
Photo credit: nic519 / Foter / Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0)
"ExpatGo welcomes and encourages comments, input, and divergent opinions. However, we kindly request that you use suitable language in your comments, and refrain from any sort of personal attack, hate speech, or disparaging rhetoric. Comments not in line with this are subject to removal from the site. "